What is Reiki?
In Japanese reiki translates as Universal Life Force Energy. It is an intelligent form of healing. The technique channels energy to the client by means of touch/or hands off, in order to start the client’s own natural healing process. Reiki can also be offered as distance healing just as effectively.
- Reiki is given fully clothed in a quiet and safe environment
- It can be used and adapted to most medical conditions and is used as complementary therapy alongside more orthodox medicines
- It is not based on any belief, faith or suggestion, yet, scientific research using quantum physics is starting to help us to understand how Reiki healing may work to benefit the individual
- Reiki has been shown to offer relaxation for the mind and body – offering a deep sense of well-being and calm on many levels
- Today more mainstream settings are using Reiki to support clients; GP surgeries, hospices, drug rehabilitation, private practice and care of the elderly
- It is advisable that your Reiki practitioner is a member of a recognised federation
Member of the UK Reiki Federation – Membership number 7889G
This recent article highlights how Reiki is being recognised as a mainstream form of healing and the science behind it. Reiki Science and Reiki research.